How do I install Ultimento?
You’re just 60 seconds away from having Ultimento installed! Let’s get to it.
First, let’s make sure you know about the requirements – all you need is the free Magento platform installed and an FTP access:
- Magento Free Community Edition version 1.4.x, 1.5.x, or 1.6.x (clean install).
We recommend the latest stable release which you can download here. Please refer to Magento’s installation instructions on how to install Magento properly.
- FTP access to the root folder of your Magento installation.
You can use any free FTP software.
- If you want sample data, please download this from Magento’s own site and follow the instructions here.
Temporarily disable Magento cache
To avoid any possible issues with the installation we recommend disabling Magento cache before proceeding with the installation and re-enabling it once the install is complete (60 seconds later ).
- Log in to your Magento admin
- Access System > Cache Management
- Click on “Select All” and in the “Actions” drop down select “Disable”
- Click on “Submit” and once the page reloads log out of the admin
Upload Ultimento files
Using your favorite FTP client, upload all files and folders inside the folder “ultimento” (which is inside the folder “ultimento-2.x.x”) to the root folder of your Magento installation. Just to be clear, that means that you’ll be uploading the following 3 folders and their content:
We recommend you do one folder at a time. This will merge the Ultimento files into your Magento installation. You will be asked to overwrite boxess.css which you have to do.
- In your Magento admin under CMS > Pages delete any “home” page you may have (or rename the identifier to something else).
- Go to Ultimento > Installer and select the Store View where you want to install Ultimento (this is relevant only if you have more than 1 store view)
- Click “Install Now” and wait until the page reloads and displays the confirmation message.
Validate your copy of Ultimento:
- In your Magento admin, click on Ultimento > Settings
- On the upper left corner, under “Current Configuration Scope” select your store view (lowest scope level)
- Under “Ultimento serial” un-check the “use website” check-box and enter your unique serial code that was sent to your email and click on “Save Config”
If you are experiencing a problem or get an error message in the Magento admin, that means you didn’t carefully follow the installation instructions . You may have missed a step or overlooked something – go through this checklist to double check:
It could be the cache…
- Make sure you have the Magento compilation disabled under “System > Tools > Compilation”
- Refresh all Magento cache and re-index all data (it may not be enough to have the cache disabled)
- Log out of the admin and log back in
It could be an issue with the serial number…
- Double check that your Ultimento serial is correct for your Base URL
- Make sure you saved your serial number under the correct store view scope.