How do I add Popup Preview images?
All you have to do is upload your Popup images as you do usually for your product images and put ‘popup’ in the ‘label’ field. Here’s the step by step:
- Login to your Magento Admin Panel and naviguate to Catalog > Manage Products
- Select a product and click on ‘Images’ on the left side
- Click on ‘Browse Files…’ and upload the image you want displayed at mouse-over
- Once the image is uploaded, put ‘popup’ (without the quotes) in the label field
- Leave all the check boxes unchecked for the Popup image
- Save your product
Did you know?
The Popup Preview extension is a very smart script which is made to work with images of any size. This allows you for the maximum flexibility in how you showcase your catalog to your users. Different products can have Popup images of different proportions and sizes so that each product can look its best.
The script will automatically position the image in the best possible way based on your users’ browser window size. If the Popup Preview image is too big to fit on the screen, the hover effect will not be triggered. Keep that in mind when generating your Popup images.
Increased user retention
The script will also display the name of the product above the Popup Preview image. One of the advantages of this approach is that we can remove the product name from the Magento product listing page (category page). This improves user retention in 2 ways: first it removes clutter from the catalog pages, and second it entices users to interact more with the website. By mousing hover the products customers instantaneously get a bigger view of the product and read the product name.